This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole consists of Campbell’s Soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a buttery, crunchy Ritz topping. Cook up some clean bird or use Rotisserie!
Are you prepared for the remaining comfort meals recipe? My circle of relatives and I had been consuming this fowl and rice casserole for years now. Who needs to split chook, rice, and broccoli while you may whip up a creamy casserole?!
This recipe is considered one of my preferred freezer ingredients. I’m quite sure readers come back for this recipe more than every other. Once you attempt it, you’re pretty tons hooked.
You could make it with fowl breasts, rotisserie chicken, and I actually have a ham version!
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup– See below for substitute options
- Sour Cream
- Ritz Crackers
- Chicken Breasts– Rotisserie chicken makes a good shortcut, ham works well too.
- Unsalted Butter
- Dried Thyme- Optional
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- White Long Grain Rice– Don’t use Instant Rice (see below for more info). Brown rice may also be used.
- Cheddar Cheese– Shred your own from a block at home for best results.
- Garlic Powder
Cream of Chicken Soup Substitutes
This recipe can be made with Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, and Broccoli Cheese.
If you favor to make the soup from scratch, try this homemade Cream of Chicken Soup recipe!
Use Regular Rice for a Creamier Casserole
I rather advise you use everyday rice rather than minute rice:
- We’re only cooking the rice for 15 minutes earlier than baking it.
- Regular rice has better nutritional value, flavor, and texture.
- Long grain rice = creamier consistency. Short grain rice has a tendency to be stickier.
Using Frozen Broccoli
- Using a sixteen oz.. bag of frozen broccoli (and/or cauliflower) can also be used. Just make sure you thaw and pat it dry!
- Frozen broccoli is already blanched so you don’t want to cook dinner it prior to mixing the casserole together.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Melt butter in a big pot. Season the bird with salt and pepper. Sear chew-sized portions of hen breast for quantity 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and rice to the same pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cowl for 7 mins.
- Stir in sparkling broccoli, cover and cook for eight minutes.
- Stir and take away from warmth. Add chicken, soup, milk, sour cream, half of of the cheddar cheese, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a gently greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with final cheddar cheese.
- Cover and Bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine melted butter and ritz crackers, sprinkle over the casserole. Bake exposed for 10 minutes.
- Let it stand for five mins previous to serving.
- This casserole may be assembled in advance of time and refrigerated for as much as 2 days prior to baking.
- If organized 2 days earlier, it have to be used inside 1-2 days or leftovers have to be frozen.
- The cracker/butter topping ought to be made when you bake the casserole and not prepared beforehand of time.
Freezing and Reheating
- This casserole is a superb meal to freeze and is nice if used within three months of freezing.
- To reheat, permit it defrost inside the refrigerator in a single day or the microwave and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or so.