This healthy recipe is made with your choice of pasta, tender chicken, broccoli and our delicious cheddar mushroom sauce. Let’s cook casserole chicken!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients:
Before reading the full recipe below, let’s talk about our shopping list. To make a broccoli chicken casserole recipe, you will need:
- Pasta: Literally, any of your favorite pasta can work here (semolina), whole wheat, gluten-free, eggs or any other alternative pasta you like.
- Cauliflower: You can use fresh cauliflower (about one large head, cut into small flowers) or frozen cauliflower (about 1 lb) to make this recipe.
- Mushroom: I love the cremini mushroom flavor in this recipe for broccoli casserole. But any mushroom you like wants to do.
- Cream sauce: butter (or olive oil), onion, garlic, flour, broth (chicken or vegetables), milk (of any kind), dijon, salt and pepper.
- Cheddar Cheese: I really recommend buying a good chunk of cheddar cheese for this recipe and cutting it yourself.
- Chicken: Any chicken cooked can be used in this recipe! You can use my favorite recipe of grilled chicken, or you can fry both breasts with olive oil in a skillet until they are tender. Or, as a shortcut, please seal the roast chicken freely.
How to Make This Casserole:
To make this recipe casserole chicken dish, just …
- Cooking pasta and broccoli. Cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water (do not forget to add water to salt!) Until the teeth harden. But the plot is distorted! 1 minute before cooking pasta, throw the broccoli in water for quick cooking. Drained.
- Make mushroom sauce. At the same time, we will study spices. Pour onions, then add mushrooms and garlic in butter (or oil) until smooth. Pour some flour and cook for 1 minute (this will increase the thickness of the sauce). Then add the broth, milk, dijon, salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce boils. Stir in half the grated cheese, season and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- Put it all together. In a large 9 x 13 inch baking dish, mix all cooked pasta with food, broccoli, mushroom sauce and chicken together.
- the bread. Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on a casserole dish and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Please enjoy! The service is pleasant and warm and can be decorated with extra black pepper and / or fresh herbs if needed.
Want to customize this casserole broccoli chicken recipe? Randomly …
- Use different proteins: Use this dish instead of chicken instead of cooked sausage, ham, steak, or shrimp, all delicious.
- Use rice instead of pasta: to make classic chicken and casserole rice, cook one cup (uncooked) according to the packing instructions. Then move it in a casserole dish as you would pasta.
- Use another cheese: if cheddar is not your thing, this dish can also be taken with mozzarella and delicious parmesan cheese. Or some hot pepper is also delicious!
- Adding Fresh Herbs: Feel free to add some fresh Italian herbs (such as parsley, basil, rosemary or thyme).
Make it vegan: We made a vegan version to test this recipe by deleting chicken, and the broccoli tagine itself was awesome. Or, of course, you’re welcome to add some extra vegetables.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free pasta, and season it with a global gluten-free mixture. (Alternatively, you can add a few tablespoons of gluten-free cornstarch to cold milk before adding it to the sauce.)