Mix all the great Parma chicken flavors and cook in just 30 minutes for a pasta! Eat less, but a delicious meal!
Do you like Parmesan chicken, but not all the dishes that come with it? Then this is the dish for you! One pot for thirty minutes! The pasta was cooked in a skillet with all sauce and chicken and it was very delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 chicken breasts About 1 pound of chicken total
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley optional, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Adjust oven rack so that is inside the second from the top space. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the bird breasts in half and pound to even thickness: Cut thru the center of the chicken breast as in case you are going to butterfly it (reducing it open like a ebook), but cut all of the way thru to make identical sized portions.
- After reducing the bird breasts in 1/2, region them in a gallon sized zip pinnacle bag in a fair layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness the use of a meat pounder or a rolling pin. You can also vicinity the chicken breasts between two layers of dangle wrap as opposed to a zip top bag if you decide upon.
- Pat the hen breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- In one shallow dish, blend collectively panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
- In every other shallow dish, whisk one egg.
- Dip one hen breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure chook breast is fully lined within the crumb aggregate, and gently press along with your hand do help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken breast on prepared baking sheet, repeat with last pieces of fowl.
- Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the pinnacle rack. Bake for 15 minutes, or till cooked thru.
- Flip hen, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chook, then top with cheese. Place lower back inside the oven. Turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 mins, until cheese is melted and bubbly and edges of bird are browning.